Custom Marine Carpet
* This refers to the shape or type of carpet fiber....
* What are the carpet fibers made of?
* The carpet fibers are made of a synthetic Olefin material which is most desired for the harsh outdoor environment. They are stain and fade resistant.
* What is the "Marine Weave" product?
* All Marine Weave products are made from recycled materials which have low VOC's and UV resistant making them safe or use indoors and outdoors in direct sunlight. These floor coverings are anti-microbial, stain & soil resistant and have a waterproof polyurethane foam base for added comfort.
* Do snaps come with the order?
* Yes, snaps do come with the carpet and must be installed by the customer. If by request, we install the snaps on the new carpet. We do not guarantee the allignment, as this is a fitting process and is accurately accomplished with the new carpet onboard the boat.
* Do you offer a snap tool for purchase if we do not have one?
* Yes, we do offer two versions of the snap installation tool for sale. One is an economy tool which has limited reach and one is a more industrial tool which is common for most professional canvas installers etc. The industrial tool is easier to use and offers more reach in from the edge of the carpet. Click here: TOOLS to view purchase information.
* Do you offer carpet samples?
* We do offer up to 5 free samples within the U.S.A. They measure roughly 3" x 3". Special requests can be accomodated at additional cost.
* Can I send in my old carpet to use as a template/pattern?
* You can send in you old carpet to use as a template but we find carefully made templates that have been checked for fit onboard the boat the best option to assure a perfect fit. It is common that when using a old carpet as a pattern, the new carpet set comes up short on reaching all the deck studs.
* Do you offer template kits for sale?
* Yes! We offer a template kit which is made of plastic sheating. This is best suited for tracing your existing carpet. It is common to expand most edges to create a slightly larger new carpet piece. Our template kits are available online. Click here: TEMPLATE KITS.
* What if you do not have any existing carpet to template or trace?
* We recommend creating a template from paper material. This is commonly available at most home improvement store as craft or rosin paper. It is commonly available on 4 ft wide rolls. Using paper is easier than plastic as it is more stable. If the deck has a non skid pattern, you can use a crayon held on its side to rub the area and create the border the carpet to be made.
* Tips when making template:
* It helps us create a better product when the template is labeled which side is UP or represents the carpet fiber side. Also, marking which directions marks the front of the boat on all pieces helps assure all the pieces will be made with the carpet pattern all going in the same direction.
* What is the address to ship the carpet or template to?
* The carpet can be sent to us at:
Custom Marine Carpet
423 N. Ninth St.
Niles, MI 49120 U.S.A.
Be sure to include contact information, e-mail & phone number. Provide as many details about you project as possible. We have a basic order form for your convenience. Click here to print: ORDER FORM
* Do you ship your product internationally?
* Yes, We commonly ship internationally. We utilize the United States Postal Service for these shipments. As our Web Store does not offer this option, you must contact us to get quotes.
* Do I need to treat the new carpet with any product such as Scotchguard?
* It is Ok to spray this on the new carpet and will not harm it. We do not believe it is necessary as the carpet fibers are manufactured from Olefin which has a built in stain resistance.
* What is the standard lead time to manufactuer a carpet set?
* Lead times range from 1 to 3 weeks. Winter months are commonly 1 week and Spring/Summer months lead times average 2 to 3 weeks.
* Questions on how to install the snaps?
The link below is a short video of a snap installation using our Industrial Snap tool.
* What is Embroidery?
* Embroidery is when the logo or design is stitched into the material or carpet to form the design. The stitch count is commonly in the area of 8 thousand to 12 thousand range and takes much expertise to do this on carpet. The size is generally limited to 17" wide by 11". There is a vast selection of thread colors to choose from. Below is a example of an Embroidered logo onto a cockpit carpet.
* Can you sew a binding on the edges of a hole?
* Yes. We can sew a binding on most holes as long as they are a minimum of 4" in diameter. The size of the piece of carpet plays a factor as well so there are instances where we suggest a rubber pedestal ring to finish the hole cut-out.
* When is my credit card charged?
* Credit cards are not processed until the order is shipped. This is commonly 1 to 2 weeks from the time the order is placed.
View All Reviews
"Thanks, you continue to impress me. If I could give you a medal I would. I continue to show everyone the work you have done and all are impressed. Will try to push some business your way. Feel free to use me as a reference."